Are you using targeted email campaigns as a part of your marketing efforts? If the answer is ‘no,’ then this blog post is for you.
Targeted emails continue to be one of the most effective marketing channels available to any business owner. A recent study by McKinsey & Company found that not only is email marketing up to 40 times more effective than social media, but also that the buying process happens 3 times faster than through social media. Statistically, email marketing demonstrates a huge potential to deliver big returns for your business.
So why is targeted email marketing so effective, particularly when compared to social media? Let’s take a look at some of the top benefits of email marketing for your dealership or e-comm business!
1. Through email, you are directly engaged with people who want to be engaged with you. After all, your audience has subscribed to your emails! It’s safe to assume that the folks on your email list are interested in hearing from you, and will be interested in purchasing from you, too.
2. Email allows you to communicate directly with customers whenever you want. You are not reliant on an algorithm or hoping that your customers are online to get eyes on your content. You are in control. Simply craft your email, hit ‘send,’ and your audience will be notified instantly.
3. Email marketing is an excellent method for delivering educational and value-based information without feeling obligated to push “sales” during each campaign. This has two massive benefits:
A. It’s a form of communication that puts your brand, news and messaging directly in front of your target audience without any competing feed-clutter on the page.
B. It’s a platform where you can provide information that is not dependent on inventory. Short on products? No problem. Share a community initiative, a blog post, something fun that’s happening at your dealership, or a staff feature.
4. Integrating email campaigns into your marketing strategy is a relatively low-effort initiative that delivers a high return. It’s likely that you already have a collection of customer emails in your CRM, and email marketing platforms like Mailchimp and Klaviyo are designed to be user-friendly. You’ll have access to pre-made templates, auto-save features, analytics, smart send, and more - everything you need to roll out your first email marketing effort.
5. Email campaigns allow you to tap into the buyer’s journey and provide timely information to your customers. You can create intelligent campaigns that automatically send reminders and specials to the right audience at the right time. When you anticipate the needs of your customers, you remain top-of-mind when it comes to offering solutions - and that’s right where you want to be!
Targeted emails are a valuable tool for building and strengthening the relationship between your business and your audience, and serve as a holistic marketing strategy when combined with your other efforts. Remember, you don’t need to advertise products right in front of someone to create the idea that they want to make a purchase - your customers will buy from you when the time is right because a relationship has been established with consistent communication.